- 4 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Peel potatoes and onion and slice into small chunks
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat
- Layer potatoes, onions, salt; repeat
- Keep oil on low to boil the potatoes, not fry
- Strain over a bowl to keep the oil and let cool
- Beat eggs with salt in a medium bowl
- Put potato/onion mixture in eggs and let sit for 20 minutes
- Put 3 tablespoons of the saved oil into the skillet and heat to medium high
- Put egg/potato mixture in skillet and press flat
- Don’t stir, just cook for 2-3 minutes until it sets
- Take a plate or platter bigger than the pan, flip tortilla onto the plate and slide back into the pan to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- When finished, flip the tortilla onto the plate/platter and serve warm or cold.