- 1 (12oz) package lady fingers
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4-6 ounces coffee flavored liqueur or espresso
- 3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8oz) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (1oz) square dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a pan of water on the bottom of oven.
- Crush the package of ladyfingers to fine crumbs (I usually do this in the blender). Mix the melted butter into the crumbs. Moisten with 2-3 ounces of the coffee liqueur or espresso. Press into an 8 or 9 inch spring-form pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar until very smooth (the Kitchenaid mixer works well for this). Add 2-3 ounces coffee liqueur or espresso, and mix. Add the eggs and the flour; mix SLOWLY until just smooth. The consistency of the mascarpone can vary. If the cheesecake batter is too thick, add a little cream. Do not over mix at this point. Pour batter into crust.
- Place pan on middle rack of oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until just set. Open oven door and turn off the heat. Leave cake to cool in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it finish cooling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight. Shave the chocolate over the top before serving.