- 2 sweet potatoes, cleaned and sliced into 1/4 inch thick discs
- 3 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 pound chorizo, casing removed so it’s just ground sausage
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- a handful of fresh cilantro, stems removed
- salt and pepper
- pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Toss the sweet potato discs in a bowl with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Lay the sweet potato discs out onto baking sheet(s) covered in parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes. Flip each disc and then bake for another 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a skillet and brown the chorizo; about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Put the avocado, onion, most of the cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and pepper into the food processor and pulse until smooth.
- When potatoes are finished cooking, top each disc with a spoonful of chorizo and grate pepper jack cheese on top. Return to oven for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top each disc with a spoonful of the avocado mixture and a cilantro leaf. Serve warm or at room temp.
Recipe slightly adapted from foodnetwork.com.