- 2 sweet potatoes, cleaned and sliced into 1/3 inch thick discs
- 8 slices of thick cut or slab bacon
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- zest of 1/2 a clementine
- 2 scallions, diced
- olive oil for spritzing
- salt and pepper
- Make the creme fraiche, adding the clementine zest to the mixture before setting it aside at room temp.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Dice the bacon and saute for about 10 minutes in a cast iron skillet. Drain and set aside. Reserve bacon fat for some other recipe because it’s great to cook with.
- Toss the sweet potato discs in a large bowl with the coconut flour, salt and pepper.
- Lay the sweet potatoes out on a baking sheet(s) and spritz with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip each disc over, spritz again, then bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Top each sweet potato disc with a dollop of the creme fraiche, and a sprinkle each of the bacon bits and scallions. Serve at room temp.
Recipe slightly adapted from Whole Foods Market.