- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin with oil or butter.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in olive oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide batter evenly into 10 muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, melt butter and pour remaining sugar into a small bowl.
- When muffins are done, lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter, remove from the pan and roll in sugar. Cool on a wire rack.