- 1 pork loin roast, about 3 pounds
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- lemon, zested and thinly sliced
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- a few leaves of fresh sage
- roasted fennel
- green apple, diced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Butterfly the pork
- In a small bowl, mix together goat cheese, shallots, garlic, lemon zest, thyme, sage, fennel, and apple.
- Salt and pepper the inside of the meat, spread the cheese mixture along the meat, then put down a layer of lemon slices.
- Roll the meat back into its log form and tie together with twine.
- Put the meat fat side up into a roasting pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temp to 350 and roast until 155 degrees (about an hour, maybe a little more or less).
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.