- 1 loaf pound cake, cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry puree
- 1 1/2 cups lemon curd
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond slivers
- Make pound cake.
- Make strawberry sauce.
- Whip cream, sugar, and vanilla in a cold bowl with cold beaters.
- Assemble trifle: layer half of cake chunks, then half of strawberry sauce, then half of strawberry slices, then half of lemon curd, then half of whipped cream. Layer all in same order again.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds all over the the top and serve.
Original recipe inspiration from JoyOfBaking.com.