- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 12 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 18 oz sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet heat the oil. Add the onion and shallot and cook until soft, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and artichoke hearts and saute about 2 minutes. Cover and lower the heat. Cook for an additional 2-4 minutes. If there is any water remaining in the pan, drain it off. Spread into a thin layer on the pan to cool.
- When cool, place in a large bowl and stir in the sour cream, paprika, thyme, garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or up to one day before serving.