- 1 large filet of fresh fish (I’ve used all different white fish, bluefish, salmon)
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (or a tablespoon of coconut flour if you’d rather go gluten-free)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, butter, or coconut oil for cooking
- fresh parsley for garnish
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon stoneground mustard
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh dill, chopped
- Saute the fish in a skillet with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of lemon juice. Once cooked, set aside to cook on a plate. Once cool, flake the fish into a bowl.
- In the same pan, saute the onion and jalapeno. Add to bowl with fish and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Form into cakes and cook in oil or butter in the same skillet. Garnish with parsley and serve with remoulade.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve with cakes.