- 1 large filet of fresh fish (I’ve used all different white fish, bluefish, salmon)
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion or shallot, diced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (or a tablespoon of coconut flour if you’d rather go gluten-free)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- your preferred oil for cooking
- fresh parsley for garnish
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon stoneground mustard
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh dill, chopped
- Saute the fish in a skillet with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of lemon juice. Once cooked, set aside to cool on a plate. Once cool, flake the fish into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl with fish and mix together.
- Heat oil in a skillet, just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Form fish mixture into cakes and pan fry in hot oil. Garnish with parsley and serve with remoulade.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve with cakes.