- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups spent grain (for a smooth, less grainy texture put in the food processor and pulse a few times)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chocolate stout
- 1/4 cup of milk and/or cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz dark chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried sour cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix together peanut butter, butter, sugar, milk, beer, egg, and vanilla.
- Add flour, spent grains, baking powder, and salt and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, nuts, and cherries.
- Scoop onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes, until cookies start to get brown around the edges.
Makes about 30 cookies.