- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons frozen butter, cut into chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon sour cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 oz dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup dried sour cherries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add butter chunks and cut together with a pastry blender, forks, or pulse in a food processor until mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, vinegar, 1 tablespoon of cream, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture, cherries, chocolate chunks, and cherry preserves to the dry ingredients and mix together until everything is moistened.
- Turn dough out onto wax or parchment paper and form into a long rectangle about 3/4 of an inch thick. Slice in half the long way, then slice into fourths the short way, leaving you with 8 small rectangles of dough. Slice each rectangle diagonally so that you have 16 little triangles.
- Place each triangle onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and brush the top of each with the remaining tablespoon of cream.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from nomnompaleo.