- 4-6 cups of shells from crab, lobster, and/or shrimp
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- a few sprigs of fresh parsley, chopped
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 whole peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Roast the shells in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Put the shells in a dutch oven or stock pot and add filtered water covering to an inch above the shells.
- Bring to a low simmer (not boil) and cook for about an hour, skimming any foam that rises to the top and not stirring the shells.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer for a half hour.
- Strain stock and use or store as needed.