- 1 small papaya; peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour (both white and wheat work well)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops
- In a medium bowl, combine papaya, red pepper, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Set aside.
- In a large sealable bag, combine flour, black pepper and salt. Add scallops and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallops; cook and stir until golden.
- Serve scallops over a bed of arugula or spinach and topped with papaya salsa.