- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce (1/3 cup for cake batter and the remainder for drizzle atop after baking)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup whole milk, room temp
- 1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bundt pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl, or in a mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add eggs one at a time to the butter/sugar bowl, mixing on low. Add vanilla. Add 1/3 cup caramel sauce. Add sour cream.
- Add flour mixture in 3 additions alternating with 2 milks additions.
- Put batter into greased pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack for about 15 minutes before removing from pan and allowing to completely cool for another half hour or so.
- Transfer cake to a plate or stand and drizzle the remaining caramel sauce over the top. If you want to get real fancy you could sprinkle a few sea salt flakes over the top as well. Serve and enjoy!
Next time I make this I’ll probably drizzle some chocolate ganache and sea salt flakes over the top.
Original recipe inspiration from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures.