- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup frozen butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup cream
- 3/4 cup fresh pear, diced
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, diced
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add butter chunks and cut them into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender, forks, or pulse with a food processor until the mixture is crumbly.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of cream and pour the rest into the butter/flour mixture.
- Add pear, cheese and rosemary to mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface or wax paper and form into a long rectangle about 3/4 of an inch thick. Slice in half the long way, then slice into fourths the short way, leaving you with 8 small rectangles of dough. Slice each rectangle diagonally so that you have 16 little triangles.
- Place each triangle onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and brush the top of each with the reserved cream.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the tops begin to turn golden brown.
Recipe adapted slightly from Southern Living/Myrecipes.