- a whole bunch of spring mix or whatever greens you prefer
- 3 pears – peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stoneground mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast the pecans in butter, let cool, and chop into pieces.
- For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, layer greens, pears, cheese, avocado, and scallions.
- Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.