- 1 fennel bulb and fronds, coarsely chopped
- 8 or so slices of pancetta
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 bag baby spinach or spring mix greens
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 small shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, toss the fennel and pancetta with olive oil and spread evenly over baking sheet. Crumble brown sugar over fennel and pancetta and roast for about 20-30 minutes.
- Make the Dressing: combine avocado, vinegar, shallot, parsley and garlic in a blender and process until smooth. Drizzle olive oil in and process until smooth.
- Toss all ingredients in dressing and serve.