- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs, more if needed
- 1 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons golden brown sugar, firmly packed
- a pinch of salt
- 4 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup golden brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups peanut butter cups in 3/4″ pieces (I prefer dark chocolate)
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9″ spring-form pan with butter.
- Mix chocolate cookie crumbs, chopped peanuts, melted butter, brown sugar, and pinch of salt in a bowl until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom and sides of pan.
- Bake until set, about 8 minutes, and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temp to 325.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and brown sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla extract and beat just until blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Add whipping cream and beat until smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter cup pieces.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake until sides of cake are set, but center still moves slightly (almost an hour). Cool cake in pan.
- Heat all ingredients in a double boiler.
- Stir until smooth, then pour/spread over entire top of cheesecake.
- When cool, cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight before serving.