- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your mini muffin tin.
- Melt together the butter, 1/2 pound of chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl over simmering water. Allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee granules, vanilla, and sugar. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, the baking powder, and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Pipe batter into the bottom 1/3 of each liner. Next, use a pastry bag to drop in a dollop of peanut butter. To finish, add another layer of batter over the peanut butter filling being careful not to fill the cup to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Do not over bake! Allow to cool thoroughly, peel off the paper, eat and enjoy!
Yields 5 dozen.