- chicken thighs and/or breasts with skin and bones
- salt, pepper, Bologna herbal salt
- fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Season chicken on both sides.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Put thyme sprigs and chicken, skin side down, in skillet and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium high and continue cooking for about 12 minutes.
- Put the skillet in the oven and cook for about 13 minutes.
- Flip chicken and continue cooking for about 5 minutes until skin is crispy.
- Transfer to plate and let sit for about 5 minutes.
I found this Bon Appétit recipe via Epicurious. I use a lower oven temp with the same amount of time (way less smoke and the meat is cooked just as thoroughly).