- 5 russet potatoes or sweet potatoes if desired
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and cut into half-inch thick slices (lengthwise) cut again into 1/2-inch thick fries. Place the potatoes into a pot with cold water and 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring up to a gentle boil and simmer until a paring knife tip goes through easily (cooked about 3/4 of the way through).
- Drain carefully and put in a bowl. Add olive oil, 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Add a pinch of Montreal steak seasoning if you like it. Toss well and lay out in 1 layer on nonstick or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake until light brown.
- When brown, sprinkle with Parmesan and continue to bake until well-browned and crispy and the cheese is melted and caramelized, about 6 to 7 more minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 2 minutes. Serve.
Recipe slightly adapted from food network.