- drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 oz bacon, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/4 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced (portobellas are best)
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons basil, thinly shredded
- Drizzle oil in skillet, heat, add onion, bacon and garlic and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until soft. Add the mushrooms and zucchini and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked and any liquid has evaporated. Stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted. Cool.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a large bowl, stir in the cheeses, basil and cooled vegetable mixture.
- Take an oven-safe skillet with a diameter of 7-8 inches and spray with olive oil. Pour in the mixture and smooth the surface. Cook over a low heat for 10-13 minutes, or until mostly set. Take care not to burn the base.
- Preheat a broiler. Place the pan under the broiler and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned on top. Serve warm or cold, cut into slices.