- 6 ounces brown mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain salt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- bit of fresh tarragon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with a bit of olive oil and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat saute the mushrooms in a splash of olive oil sprinkled with some salt. Stir every minute or so until the mushrooms have released their liquid and have browned a bit. Add the onions and cook for another 4 or 5 minutes or until they are translucent. Stir in the garlic, cook for another minute and remove from heat. Add the rice to the skillet and stir until combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, and salt.
- Combine the rice mixture and cottage cheese mixture in a large bowl, stir until well combined and then turn out into your prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, cover with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes more until hot throughout and golden along the edges.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and enjoy.