- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 oz freshly brewed espresso
- 10 oz 70% cocoa chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Warm cream in a small saucepan over medium high heat, stir frequently until hot (about 3 min). Remove the pan from the heat, add the espresso and cover. Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Put chocolate in a medium bowl and pour the cream over them. Let sit 30 seconds then whisk until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate cream into a pie plate. Refrigerate until hard, at least 1 hour but up to overnight.
- Place cocoa powder on plate. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Using melon baller, scoop out 30 spoonfuls of truffle mixture. Place them in a single layer on the baking sheets. Roll them between the palms of your hands to give them a round shape. You can refrigerate the truffles if they become too soft.
- Roll the truffles in the cocoa powder. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.