- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 cups unsweetened apple and black currant juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 2/3 cups blueberries
- 1 2/3 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded mint
- 7 oz yogurt (I like to use Stonyfield Farms Banilla)
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Place the couscous in a bowl.
- Pour the apple and black currant juice into a small saucepan and add the cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and pour over the couscous. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to stand for 5 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the cinnamon stick. Refrigerate.
- When cool, separate the couscous grains with a fork, add the berries, lime zest and mint, and gently fold through. Spoon the mixture into 4 bowls. Top with a large dollop of yogurt, a small sprig of mint, and drizzle with honey if desired.
Note: This is also very tasty with any kind of chopped nuts mixed in. Also, other
flavors may be used, such as orange juice and dried fruits or fresh mango, peach, pear