- 1 loaf pound cake, cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound fresh raspberries (or blackberries, blueberries, etc)
- 2 cups mango puree
- 2 cups custard
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- fresh orange zest, for topping
- Make pound cake. When cooled, slice into bite-sized chunks.
- Make mango puree.
- Make custard.
- Whip cream and vanilla in a cold bowl with cold beaters.
- Assemble trifle: layer half of cake chunks, then half of mango sauce, then half of berries, then half of custard. Layer all in same order again. Top with whipped cream.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Sprinkle orange zest all over the the top and serve.