- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter at room temp, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- In double boiler, whisk together eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until it becomes thick like hollandaise (10-12 minutes).
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove any lumps (straining not always necessary).
- Add pieces of butter and whisk in until melted. Add lemon zest and let cool.
- Cover quickly so a skin doesn’t form. Store in fridge for up to a week.