Last night as side dishes with dinner we had tatsoi sauteed with garlic and onions and roasted root veggies. So this morning when we wanted breakfast, I just grabbed some sausage and eggs and turned leftovers into a rich, hearty breakfast that kept us going all day.
- 4 eggs
- 2 garlic and herb chicken sausages (I like the house-made sausages from Whole Foods)
- a bunch of greens (we had leftover tatsoi so they were already sauteed with garlic and onions)
- a bunch of roasted root veggies
- leeks, sliced
- Take the chicken sausage out of its casing and saute in a skillet.
- After a few minutes, add the roasted root veggies to the pan to heat up and get coated in chicken sausage fat and flavor.
- Heat the greens for a few minutes, either in microwave or in same pan.
- Transfer greens and hash evenly between two plates.
- Saute the leek slices in the same pan.
- While the leeks saute, fill a medium saucepan with water, add a teaspoon of white vinegar and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- When the water boils, crack 4 eggs into it. After 4 minutes, remove eggs with a slotted spoon and put two on each plate atop the greens and hash.
- Top eggs with crispy leeks and serve with Sriracha.