- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 4 granny smith apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soak raisins in Marsala wine; set aside.
- Peel and finely slice apples; place in large bowl. Add lemon juice and enough water to cover.
- In separate large bowl, mix one egg and two egg yolks. Add sugar and butter; mix at medium speed until smooth. Add raisins and wine mixture, flour and baking powder; mix thoroughly.
- Coat 9″ spring form pan with butter. Place dough mixture in pan. Strain apples reserving two tablespoons of the liquid. Toss apples with one tablespoon sugar; place on top of dough mixture pressing lightly. Top torte evenly with pine nuts and two tablespoons of reserved liquid.
- Place torte on center oven rack. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Sides and top of torte should be light brown. Remove and let cool. Serve with a favorite topping if desired.
Original recipe from Olive Garden.