- 3 cups Basmati rice cooked according to package instructions, but with milk or coconut milk instead of water (if you have them, add a few cardamom pods in while cooking and then discard pods when done cooking)
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In large nonstick pan over medium heat, combine the cooked rice and milk. Bring to a boil, decrease heat to low and simmer until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium, add heavy cream, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and cardamom and continue to cook until mixture begins to thicken again, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in raisins and cashews.
- Transfer to individual serving dishes or a glass bowl and place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding. Serve chilled or at room temperature.