- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds pork loin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- Score loin in 1-inch diamonds with a sharp knife (1/4 inch deep). Combine all ingredients and pour over pork. Let loin marinate 2 hours to overnight in refrigerator. Remove pork from marinade, heat remaining marinade in a saucepan to a boil and reserve for basting.
- Grill pork over indirect, medium-low fire 1 to 1-1/2 hours (about 20 minutes per pound) until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 150 degrees. Baste meat with marinade during last 5 to 10 minutes of grilling.
- Remove roast from heat; let rest until temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 10 minutes.