- 5 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 and spray a baking dish with olive oil.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, horizontally. Use a small spoon to gently hollow out the inside of the tomatoes, discarding the seeds and reserving the pulp and being careful not to puncture the outer shell. Chop the reserved pulp and put it in a medium bowl. Add the parsley, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic and pepper and mix gently to combine. Place the tomato halves in a baking dish, and fill with the bread crumb mixture. Drizzle the top of the tomatoes with olive oil.
- Bake until the tops are browned, about 20 minutes.