- 1 1/2 pints fresh ripe strawberries, washed, stemmed, hulled and cut into eighths
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced into thin rings (add more or less depending on desired heat)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, more sprigs for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 6-ounce fresh halibut steaks (tuna, swordfish or salmon may also be used)
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the salsa. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Brush the grill with oil and preheat to medium high. Season the fish with salt and pepper and cook on each side for 4-6 minutes until just opaque. Serve hot with salsa on top; garnish with cilantro sprigs.