- 1/2 grapefruit
- 2 limes
- 1 jalapeno
- 2.5 oz good tequila
- 1.5 oz good orange liqueur
- Slice limes in half, slice a thin piece off one to save for garnish
- Slice a wedge from the grapefruit to save for garnish
- Slice jalapeno into rings and save one for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker combine tequila and orange liqueur
- Juice the lime halves and grapefruit half into the shaker (I use a citrus juice press)
- Add a few rings of jalapeno to the shaker (depending on how spicy you like it)
- Shake well and serve in a pint glass over lots of ice. Garnish with lime, grapefruit, and jalapeno.
If you’re like me and you really love the grapefruit and jalapeno combo flavors for margaritas, try infusing your own tequila with fresh grapefruit and jalapenos. I like to use Espolon tequila blanco for that.