- 1 1/2 pounds shelled edamame
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 chipotles in adobo, chopped, plus 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- MAKE THE DIP: In a medium pot of boiling salted water, simmer the edamame until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a food processor or blender. Add the sour cream, goat cheese, chipotles, adobo sauce, lemon juice, garlic and salt and puree until smooth. Stir in the oregano and transfer the dip to a serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- MAKE THE PEPITAS: Preheat oven to 375. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the pumpkin seeds with the olive oil, salt, coriander and crushed red pepper. Bake for 7 minutes, until the seeds begin to brown. Transfer the pepitas to a bowl and toss them with the lemon zest and oregano.
- Serve the dip at room temperature topped with the spicy pepitas. Serve with pita wedges, pita chips or veggies.