- 1 package (16 oz) whole wheat spaghetti or your favorite pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook carrots, onion, zucchini and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese; cook until hot. Serve vegetable mixture over spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese.