- 1/2 cup fresh brewed espresso
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 2 (3oz) packages lady fingers
- 1/2 gallon coffee ice cream, softened on microwave’s defrost setting for 1 minute
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely grated
- 1 (8oz) container mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Mix coffee and rum. Line a 2-quart metal loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang. Use a pastry brush to paint the spiked coffee onto the ladyfingers. Then line the bottom and sides of the pan with ladyfingers, rounded side out.
- Reserving 1/2 cup of chocolate for garnish, stir rest of chocolate into ice cream. Turn ice cream into loaf pan, using a rubber spatula to press ice cream evenly into pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
- When ready to serve, mix cheese, liqueur and sugar until smooth; whisk in cream to form a thick, but pourable sauce. Unmold dessert, using ends of plastic wrap to remove it from pan; peel away wrap. Slice loaf, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with chocolate.