A slushy blend of sweetened fresh lemon juice and ice, this version includes blackberries, but you could use strawberries, raspberries or blueberries for equally tasty results.
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, juiced (about 1/3 cup), plus more blackberries for garnish
- 4 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 4 fresh mint sprigs
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice (except 1 teaspoon), the orange juice and the simple syrup. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together the blackberry juice, the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice and the 2 tablespoons honey. Set aside.
- Put the ice cubes in a blender and add the lemon juice mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the blackberry puree into each of 4 glasses. Pour in the frozen lemonade, dividing evenly. Garnish each with a mint sprig and a few blackberries. Serve immediately.