- 1 pound each ground pork and ground beef
- 3 medium potatoes, mashed
- 1 small onion chopped fairly fine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- a pinch each cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook meats well with onion, spices, salt & pepper and then simmer a few minutes.
- Boil the potatoes, remove skins, cut up and mash, add small amount of milk or cream and salt and pepper to season (I used the meat cooking pan with the small amount of fat in it on a low heat and mashed and seasoned the potatoes in it).
- Combine the meat and potato mixture
- Make your favorite pie crust top & bottom
- Fill bottom with meat mixture, top it, and bake according to the pie crust directions