- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5-6 fresh figs
- a few slices of prosciutto, torn into pieces and crisped quickly in a skillet
- 5 star anise
- zest of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop nuts in a food processor.
- Combine nuts and melted better, press into the bottom of a tart pan.
- Bake crust for about 10 minutes then let cool.
- Stir together mascarpone, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamon, and half of the lemon zest.
- Whip the cream, fold it into the mascarpone mixture, and spread into cooled tart crust.
- Top with slices of fig, prosciutto pieces, star anise, and remaining lemon zest.
Note: For more sweetness, drizzle a little honey over the top. For more nuttiness, toast some pine nuts and sprinkle those over the top.