- 1 2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 1/3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine butternut squash, onion, olive oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper in large bowl. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until squash and onion brown slightly, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine squash and onion mixture, stock, butter and cranberries in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add couscous and cover. Take from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in pecans and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Fluff with a fork and serve.