- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups butter — salted, softened
- 1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoons nutmeg, ground
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer to form a grainy paste. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto un-greased baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown. Transfer to cool, flat surface immediately with spatula.