- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Dungeness crabs, cleaned quartered and cracked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 cups steamed white rice, such as jasmine or basmati
- Heat a very large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper, swirling the pan to combine.
- When the butter has just melted, add the crab leg clusters and half of the chives. Use kitchen tongs to stir and move the legs around, coating them with the lemon butter. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Stir, cover and cook another 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Mound the rice on a serving plate. Top with crab legs, discarding any loose pieces of shell you may find. Drizzle on the lemon butter from the pan, sprinkle with remaining chives. Enjoy.