- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (19 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, crush together the garlic and salt. To prepare the dressing, mix in olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, ginger, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the garbanzo beans, yellow bell peppers, scallions, and cilantro. Mix in the dressing. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight. It still tastes good if you eat it right away though.