- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Add the following for sweet crepes…
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash of orange or lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger if you want an extra spice kick. My favorite is to add 1/2 teaspoon of cardamon and lemon zest.
- Use blender or food processor to beat all ingredients until smooth. For best results, let the batter stand for several hours or overnight before cooking the crepes (although I’ve made them without letting the batter rest at all and they come out OK).
- Brush a crepe or omelet pan or small skillet with olive oil or melted butter; heat until hot, not smoking. Test proper griddle heat by sprinkling on water from wet hands; water will sizzle at proper temperature.
- Add about two tablespoons batter. Move the pan to coat with the batter. When crepe is set (about one minute), turn it over by gently moving a spatula under the crepe. Cook on other side approximately 1/2 a minute. Place the crepe on a plate and make a stack of them.
Serving ideas for sweet crepes:
Nutella, fruit, honey, confectioner’s sugar, cinnamon, chocolate, whipped cream
Serving ideas for savory crepes:
Baby spinach or arugula, goat cheese, caramelized onions, balsamic-reduced mushrooms,
mozzarella cheese, fresh herbs, bacon