- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups Russian River Consecration
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, add eggs and whisk until frothy. Add the honey and whisk again to combine. Warming the honey will make this easier. Add the butter, buttermilk, and Consecration; whisk to combine. Add the flour mixture to the liquids and fold together. Batter should have small to medium lumps, do not over-mix.
- Heat griddle to 375 degrees. Using either reserved bacon fat or butter, add a little onto the griddle. Using a ladle, add about 1/2 cup of batter to the griddle. Space the pancakes about 2 inches apart, accounting for the spread factor. When pancakes the bubbles on top start to pop and the edge of the pancake is slightly dry, about 2 1/2 minutes, using a spatula flip. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter, keeping finished pancakes on a heatproof plate in oven set to 200 degrees. Serve warm.
- For toppings, a cherry syrup or jam would be divine. A dollop of cinnamon whipping cream and a sprinkle of dried cherries or currants for texture. Or some toasted hazelnuts…
Recipe from the Homebrew Chef.