- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 cups stock (I used homemade smoked pork stock)
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 8oz cod filet
- 1 bunch (about 10 leaves) of lacinato kale (or your preferred greens), chopped
- 1 heirloom tomato, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- a small handful of fresh pea shoots, if available
- 1 few leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/2 lemon
- butter for cooking
- In a small saucepan simmer the lentils, stock, and thyme over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- In a large pan heat a little butter and cook the chorizo whole, rolling around every couple minutes to cook on all sides. Once chorizo is cooked on the outside, slice it into discs and return to pan along with carrots. Saute for a few more minutes and toss gently a few times.
- Heat some butter in another large pan and get the shallots cooking for a few minutes.
- Toss the tomatoes and garlic into the pan with the chorizo and carrots. Let cook for a few minutes. Make a space in the center of the pan and add the cod filet. Squeeze lemon juice over the cod and let cook for a few.
- Add the kale to the pan with the shallots and saute until tender (about 10 minutes). Add most of the pea shoots to the kale and squeeze fresh lemon juice onto the greens just before turning the heat off.
- Flip the code filet to make sure it cooks all the way through in the fat/juice from the sausage, tomatoes and lemon. Sprinkle the basil all over the fish and sausage.
- Plate the greens and lentils next to each other. Serve the cod/sausage/tomato mixture atop both, garnish with remaining pea shoots and enjoy.