- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed clementine juice
- zest from clementine
- 1 star anise
- a sprinkling of pink peppercorns, lightly crushed
- a 9″ tart pan with removable bottom
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix coconut and butter together in a bowl and press into the bottom and sides of tart pan.
- Bake crust for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown, then set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan bring pineapple, juices, and star anise to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove pineapple with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl to cool uncovered in the refrigerator.
- Bring juice and star anise to a boil until reduced by half. Remove from heat and put syrup in a bowl, save star anise for garnish, and chill syrup uncovered in the regrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Whip the cream in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mascarpone with the syrup and half the clementine zest. Fold in the whipped cream. Spread mixture evenly into tart crust.
- Top tart with pineapple, sprinkle remaining zest and pink peppercorns all over the top, and garnish with star anise in the middle. Serve immediately.
Note: Next time I may try adding a tablespoon of goat cheese to the mascarpone mixture to give it a tangy hint.
Inspired by and adapted from this recipe.