This recipe makes 6 small cakes (perfect breakfast for 2 average folks) but if you want a typical pancake batch size, just double it.
- 2 eggs, room temp is best
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- coconut oil or butter for frying
- Preheat pan at a medium-low heat
- Beat eggs until frothy, then mix in coconut milk and vanilla
- In a separate bowl mix together coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
- Mix dry ingredients w/ wet until flour is completely mixed in
- Put oil/butter in pan, pour batter into pan to form cakes to preferred size (if you want to sprinkle fruit or whatever else into the cakes, now’s a good time to do so if you haven’t already mixed it into the batter)
- Cook until bubbles begin to form on top of pancakes, then flip and cook for a couple more minutes on other side
- Serve plain, or with fruit, or whatever you like. If you want to be decadent, make some coconut whipped cream to top w/ some fruit.
Note: some recipes call for honey, agave or coconut nectar, but I think these cakes are perfectly sweet enough without it.