- 1 large cod filet
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- coconut oil for frying
- a ball of fresh mozzarella
- fresh tomatoes
- fresh basil
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Season cod with salt and pepper and dredge in coconut flour. Dip in beaten egg, then coat with coconut flakes.
- Fry cod in oil until golden brown on each side.
- Slice tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella. Layer on plate and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper.
- You could make this regular flour, as opposed to coconut flour, and any other fat for frying. I just happen to prefer coconut.
- You could also just dip the fish into coconut flakes without dredging in flour or dipping in egg. I’ve done this and it still tastes great, it just means the coconut flakes won’t stick to the fish quite as well.